OPTIMUS is made from the purest research-backed ingredients for peak mental, physical, and emotional wellness. Each ingredient and serving size has been carefully selected for maximum efficacy. Optimus is a comprehensive supplement of blended ingredients to support your whole body system. Optimus supports more drive, focus, enhanced mood, increased productivity, better workouts and long term brain health. Designed to be fast acting and long lasting.
Optimus Ingredient Descriptions
improves motivation and concentration
neuroprotective and promotes longevity
Bacopa Monnieri is an herb found in wetlands across the globe. It has been used for thousands of years to support cognition, going back to Ayurvedic texts in 6th century A.D. Bacopa Monnieri has been clinically studied showing efficacy in cognitive improvement. The chemical components of the herb include bacosides and bacopasides, as well as alkaloids, including Bahmine, nicotine and hepestine. These active compounds within the herb are responsible for the benefits that have been observed in clinical research, which primarily focus on three key areas of cognitive function: memory, focus and mood. Bacopa Monnieri may be particularly effective with long term brain health, as it may improve memory and decrease anxiety when taken regularly.
We use the purest form of bacopa monnieri powder, at 750 mg standardized to 20% bacosides.
KSM-66 ASHWAGANDHA FULL SPECTRUM ROOT EXTRACT
brain function and cognition
blood sugar balance
supports thyroid function
protects mitochondrial damage
supports exercise performance
supports healthy aging
supports immune system
Ashwagandha is a traditional Ayurvedic medicinal herb extracted from the Withania Somnifera plant. Originally from India, northern Africa, and the Middle East, it is also grown in the United States. Ashwagandha is classified as an adaptogen, a natural substance known to help the body adapt to stress. It is used as an astringent, immunostimulant and cardioprotection.
The Ashwagandha used in Optimus is KSM-66. It has been evaluated in over 20 “gold standard” clinical trials, independent clinical trials, and thousands of years of traditional use. KSM-66 is derived only from the root of the ashwagandha plant, not the leaves. Traditional Ayurvedic texts as well as the standard pharmacopoeias of India, Britain, and the U.S. describe solely the root for use. Many manufactures use leaves to spike up the Withanolide content. Hower, the leaves contain Withaferin A, which is considered an undesired cytotoxic. KSM-66 has negligible levels of Withaferin A. The majority of clinical evidence for efficacy of Ashwaghanda has been conducted on the Ashwaghanda root.
supports cellular health
enhances neuroregeneration and neurogenesis, supports memory
improves motivation, concentration
promotes longevity, neuroprotective
Rhodiola Rosea is a perennial flowering plant that grows naturally in the Arctic regions of Europe, Asia and North America. Studies suggest that Rhodiola Rosea may have adaptogenic properties. Rhodiola Rosea has been shown in studies to promote energy, feelings of well being, reduce stress and appetite. It may also support nerve health, as studies show it seems to support the nerve repair process and help protect nerve cells as well as promote cognitive function. Rhodiola Rosea effects are typically felt quickly, but have lasting benefit when used over a 30-day period.
Anxiolytic reduces stress
decreases free radicals
reduces heavy metals poisoning
increases growth hormone
Mucuna Pruriens is a tropical legume native to Africa and Asia. It contains high concentrations of L-DOPA, which boosts brain health by increasing dopamine levels in your brain. L-DOPA is a precursor of several neurotransmitters including dopamine, epinephrine and norepinephrine, which are essential for memory, cognition, and a positive mood.
Mucuna Pruriens’ L-Dopa has neuroprotective and adaptogenic effects. It regulates dopamine, serotonin, noradrenaline and adrenaline in the brain and decreases free radicals, neurotoxins, heavy metal poisonings and reactive oxygen species. Mucuna Pruriens can enhance mood and increase cognition, motivation and drive.
We use pure Mucuna Pruriens at 500 mg, standardized to 98% L-DOPA.
balances levels of seratonin and GABA
anxiolytic, reduces stress
improves neuronal communication
L–tyrosine is a non-essential amino acid that our bodies produce naturally to synthesize protein, but it can also be found in food. It is a precursor to dopamine. It increases the synthesis of noradrenaline from dopamine and balances the levels of serotonin and GABA and improves neural communication. L-Tyrosine converts to Tyrosine in the body. L-Tyrosine can bring about helpful cognitive and possible anti-stress/anxiolytic benefits. L-Tyrosine may improve learning and memory, increase attention, motivation, and concentration.
We use pure L-Tyrosine at 500 mg.
decreases cognitive decline
decreases memory impairment
Cognizin is a patented, clinically trialed form of Citicoline, which is found in every cell of the body and especially vital to our brain health and cognitive function. Cognizin Citicoline provides nutritional support that benefits our mental process, enhances our focus and concentration and supports healthy brain metabolism.
We use Cognizin® at 250 mg
attention and relaxation without sedation
synergistic with caffeine
L-theanine is an amino acid that occurs naturally in tea. When used as a dietary supplement, L-theanine has been shown to potentiate GABA, or gamma-aminobutyric acid, a naturally occurring amino acid that enhances cognition. It has also been shown to reduce stress, anxiety, and reverse blood pressure constriction of brain vessels caused by caffeine intake.
L-Theanine powder is derived from the Camellia Sinensis tea plant. Although tea has been consumed for centuries and touted for its benefits for just as long, it was only in 1949 that L-Theanine was discovered as a constituent in green tea. L-Theanine has been used in Japan since the 1960s.
L-Theanine may increase alpha brain waves, attention and relaxation without sedation, it may also modulate the release of dopamine and enhance mood. It works synergistically with caffeine to promote concentration, attention, and memory.
We use pure L-Theanine at 200 mg, the clinically-studied serving for healthy individuals.
Caffeine is a natural stimulant found in coffee, soda, tea, and other sources. It takes effect on the central nervous system, boosting energy wakefulness, improving sustained attention, alertness, memory, endurance, and cognition. Caffeine is the most widely used and scientifically supported psychoactive substance in the world. Even more importantly, studies show that L-Theanine works better with Caffeine at a 2:1 ratio to enhance cognitive benefit. In fact, Caffeine + L-Theanine together produce cognitive benefits not seen when either is used alone. This includes mitigating cerebral blood pressure caused by caffeine alone, and improvement in word recognition, information processing, attention and mood.
We use pure caffeine anhydrous at 90 mg, the most effective serving while being mindful of total caffeine intake.
BioPerine® is a patented extract obtained from black pepper fruits (Piper nigrum). It has been used as a bioavailability enhancer for over 20 years, and has been found to enhance absorption of nutrients by at least 30%.
We use pure BioPerine® at 5 mg, standardized to 95% Piperine.
- Raut, A.A., Rege, N.N., Tadvi, F.M., Solanki, P.V., Kene, K.R., Shirolkar, S.G., Pandey, S.N., Vaidya, R.A., Vaidya, A.B. (2012). Exploratory study to evaluate tolerability, safety, and activity of Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) in healthy volunteers. J Ayurveda Integr Med. 3(3):111-4.
- Agnihotri, A.P., Sontakke,S.D., Thawani, V.R., Saoji, A., Shishir, V., Goswami, S. (2013). Effects of Withania somnifera in patients of schizophrenia: A randomized, double blind, placebo controlled pilot trial study. Indian J Pharmacol. 45(4): 417–418.
- Andallu, B., Radhika, B. (2000) Hypoglycemic, diuretic and hypocholesterolemic effect of winter cherry (Withania somnifera, Dunal) root. Indian J Exp Biol. 38(6):607-9.
- Bhat, J., Damle, A., Vaishnav, P.P., Albers, R., Joshi, M., Banerjee, G. (2010) In vivo enhancement of natural killer cell activity through tea fortified with Ayurvedic herbs. Phytother Res. 24(1):129-35.
- Kurapati, K.R., Atluri, V.S., Samikkannu, T., Nair, M.P. (2013) Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) reverses β-amyloid1-42 induced toxicity in human neuronal cells: implications in HIV-associated neurocognitive disorders (HAND). PLoS One. 8(10):e77624.
- Olsson, E.M., von Schéele, B., Panossian, A.G.(2009) A randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled, parallel-group study of the standardised extract shr-5 of the roots of Rhodiola rosea in the treatment of subjects with stress-related fatigue. Planta Med. 75(2):105-12.
- Darbinyan, V., Aslanyan, G., Amroyan, E., Gabrielyan, E., Malmström, C., Panossian, A. (2007) Clinical trial of Rhodiola rosea L. extract SHR-5 in the treatment of mild to moderate depression. Nord J Psychiatry. 61(5):343-8.
- Darbinyan, V., Kteyan, A., Panossian, A., Gabrielian, E., Wikman, G., Wagner, H. (2000) Rhodiola rosea in stress induced fatigue–a double blind cross-over study of a standardized extract SHR-5 with a repeated low-dose regimen on the mental performance of healthy physicians during night duty. Phytomedicine. 7(5):365-71.
- De Bock, K., Eijnde, B.O., Ramaekers, M., Hespel, P. (2004) Acute Rhodiola rosea intake can improve endurance exercise performance. Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab. 14(3):298-307.
- Young, S.N. (2007) L-Tyrosine to alleviate the effects of stress? J Psychiatry Neurosci. 32(3): 224.