L–tyrosine is a non-essential amino acid that our bodies produce naturally to synthesize protein, but it can also be found in food. It is a precursor to dopamine. It increases the synthesis of noradrenaline from dopamine and balances the levels of serotonin and GABA and improves neural communication. L-Tyrosine converts to Tyrosine in the body. L-Tyrosine can bring about helpful cognitive and possible anti-stress/anxiolytic benefits. L-Tyrosine may improve learning and memory, increase attention, motivation, and concentration.
- increases synthesis of dopamine
- balances levels of seratonin and GABA
- anxiolytic, reduces stress
- improves neuronal communication
We use pure L-Tyrosine at 500 mg.
- Young, S.N. (2007) L-Tyrosine to alleviate the effects of stress? J Psychiatry Neurosci. 32(3): 224.